Study to Immigrate - Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

  • Must have studied full-time for the eight months preceding the completion of their program (please see note below) and must have graduated from:

    • a public post-secondary educational institution (university, college, or CEGEP); or

    • a Private post-secondary educational institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, and receives at least 50 per cent of its financing for operations from government grants; or

    • a Canadian private educational institution authorized by provincial or territorial statute to confer degrees

  • Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from their academic institution that they have met the requirements of their program

  • Must have completed and passed the program of study and received written notification that they are eligible to obtain their degree, diploma, or certificate

  • Must have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit.

  • The program of study must be a minimum of two years for the graduate to obtain the three years’ work permit.

  • However, if the program was less than two years but longer than eight months, the graduate can still obtain a work permit for the same duration as the program of study.

In cases where a student has obtained a one-year degree or diploma from an accredited educational institution within two years of having successfully completed a previous accredited Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, he/she may qualify for a three-year open work permit.

Let's start planning your future in Canada.

About Bridges at Will

Bridges At Will is an Immigration Services organization that endeavors to provide an extensive range of Canadian immigration services for skilled workers, students as well as investors and entrepreneurs.

We help you move to Canada to work, study, join your family or to seek new opportunities.

the hardest step is making the decision that you deserve the best possible life. The rest is much easier. Good Luck!

Jenny Wilson, Senior Account Manager

You can avail our services online, from the comfort of your home, with no requirement to expend any unnecessary effort.


You will have access to a wide range of immigration programs through our RCIC who will ensure that your application for permanent residence is being handled with no hassles along the way.


The RCIC is authorized by the ICCRC and has in-depth awareness about every facet of the Canadian Immigration process.


We invite you to signup for our PR services and take the 1st step towards greater opportunities.

They are not required to have a Canadian job offer at the time of application. To be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, international students:

Under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, international graduates can now obtain three years open work permit, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry.

If you are a foreign student who recently graduated in Canada, you likely have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence.

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program seeks to secure candidates with the specific skilled working experience obtained in Canada with proper authorization. To apply for this program, applicants must also be planning to live outside Quebec. The specific skilled working experiences being sought after are:
  • Management Job Experience​

  • Professional Job Experience –  People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs (e.g. Doctors, Architects etc.)

  • Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades Experience – People usually need a college diploma or to train as an apprentice to do these jobs (e.g. Chefs, Electricians etc.)


The paid work experience must have occurred within the last 3 years before you apply. Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.


Applying for immigration from Quebec - The Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)

Experience Class Program (PEQ) is the provincial equivalent to the federal Canadian Experience Class program.

The PEQ is designed specifically for foreign workers and students currently living in Quebec. It should be noted that the PEQ is not a point-based system such as the QSW program. If you met the specific requirements you would be qualified.


As such, the processing time for a PEQ application is significantly shorter as compared to other Immigration Quebec programs. Depending whether you are a worker or a student there are 2 set of requirements for the PEQ application.

Smiling Man on Laptop

Working in Canada as international students - how does it works?

International students may be eligible to work while studying in Canada. A student must have a valid study permit and be enrolled full-time at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).  


Study permit holders may be allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full time during scheduled breaks. International students must stop working the day they no longer meet the eligibility requirements.


There is an important exemption to this regulation: students enrolled in an English as a Second Language (ESL) or French as a Second Language (FSL) program are not authorized to work with a study permit.

Tradesman and Architect at Construction

Can your spouse or common-law partner obtain a valid work permit while you study?

A spouse or common-law partner of a valid study permit holder, who is enrolled full-time at a qualified post-secondary institution, may be eligible to apply for an open work permit.


The open work permit for a spouse or common-law partner may be valid for the same period as the study permit, and as long as the study permit remains valid.


In the study permit application, the applicant should indicate that the spouse will accompany him or her to Canada.


For an accompanying spouse to be considered eligible for an open work permit, the study-permit holder must be enrolled full-time at a degree-granting post-secondary institution. 

Services & Pricing

PR legal consultation (International Students)

US$ 1,600.00

1st Installment (US$ 800.00)

50% - Upon signing the Retainer Agreement​

2nd Installment (US$ 800.00)

50% - 30 days after signing the Retainer Agreement

  • Reviewing your eligibility and qualifications in accordance with the laws and regulations applicable at the time of execution

  • Preparing your application to a program of your choice offered by a designated learning institution (DLI)

  • Preparing all study permit application forms to be submitted to IRCC and/or relevant Provincial Immigration Authorities in Canada.

  • Preparing any required visa application forms to be submitted to IRCC

  • Assisting you with collating the supporting documentation as required by IRCC and/or relevant Provincial Immigration Authorities in Canada and reviewing all such documentation prior to submitting the application for permanent residence

  • Advising you if any additional documentation is required

  • Composing a cover letter outlining the merits of your application

Free IELTS Online Preparation Course

US$ 199.00

Refund Policy

  • Granting of a visa and the time required for processing this application is at the sole discretion of the government and not of the consultant’s

  • If the application is denied because of an error or omission on the consultant’s part, Bridges at Will will refund all professional fees that the client has paid to the consultant

  • Any unused government fees shall be returned to you

  • If you choose to cancel your visa application while on process, all outstanding professional fees owing to the service agreement will be due immediately

Contact Us


Phone  : +1-818-794-6260

at Will
  • Facebook

2019 © All rights reserve to Bridges at Will

Check for Flights 

Bridges at Will is a private organization offering the services of regulated immigration professionals. Our services are all designated to provide you with legal guidance and representation in your immigration application process. We are not the government nor claim to be the government. 

3705 W. Pico Blvd. #569, Los Angeles, CA 90019